Cash Balance x
Share and Earn x

Type the above Image in the box given below

Kindly Register/Login to see the Task
Click here to Register/Login

Moisture absorbers are very useful at home, especially because they prevent mold and mold growth. Mold usually occurs in humid places such as basements, kitchens, and bathrooms. To solve the mold problem, a hygroscopic agent placed in a packet or bucket will help remove moisture in a room or confined space. There are three main types commonly used today, each with its own unique characteristics and can be used for a variety of purposes.

1.Silica gel

Silica gel is a hygroscopic agent made from sodium silicate. Due to its large specific surface area, it is a very strong desiccant or desiccant. The name can be misleading because this form of silica is truly solid and manufactured in pearl or granular form. The process by which silica gel removes water from the air is called adsorption. This means that silica attracts water to the surface of many pores rather than absorbing very much water. Do not ingest silica gel as it is a toxic substance. Manufacturers also often warn silica gel plastic containers to prevent the product from being ingested.
Silica gel has a very strong adsorption content when used at room temperature. However, exposure to temperatures above 40 degrees Celsius can give up the water it contains. Silica gel is very expensive and is not recommended for use in large areas such as basements and kitchens.

2. Clay absorber

Clay absorbers provide an inexpensive alternative for absorbing moisture in damp homes and other places. Some homes that use clay bricks are often mold-free, as the hygroscopic properties of clay remove moisture, which increases mold growth.
However, there are drawbacks to using clay. It has very low hygroscopicity compared to the other two types. Clay absorbers are not recommended in humid areas. Other options include coal, charcoal, rock and coarse gravel.

3.Calcium chloride

Probably the best moisturizer is calcium chloride, a mixture of chlorine and calcium. Very moisturizing, ideal for projects with high moisture content. Calcium chloride is commonly used to transport goods and keeps it dry well during travel. In basements, kitchens, cupboards, cupboards and other highly humid areas, calcium chloride provides effective wicking. From time to time, fans can make the dehumidifying effect of the connection much faster and more extensive. Moisture can circulate over the compound by placing the fan on a bucket of calcium chloride and moving the air.
Alternatively, rock salt can be used instead of calcium chloride. Rock salt is not very strong, but it provides an effective alternative that is cheap and easily accessible. Calcium chloride should not be taken as it can cause burns to the mouth, throat and intestines. It can cause vomiting, severe dehydration, and severe dry skin. After handling, avoid contact with eyes and wash hands thoroughly.